Among the 100+ essays I have written, I’m content with some, disappointed in others, and proud of a few. Fortunately, they do seem to be trending in the right direction.
In 2018, I wrote The Void and I: A Story About Everything, a long and unconventional piece, to summarize the assumptions that guide all this writing. It’s a good place to start.
Otherwise, the following list is divided into two categories based on popularity: the first highlights essays relating to what it means to live well; the latter covers how to think.
The Art of Living
A Shift in Thinking
The archive below contains all of the essays I have written over the years. They are arranged by date in reverse chronological order with my most recent pieces at the top.
- Dec 6 Meditation as Training
- Nov 14 The Myth of Enlightenment
- Sep 27 The Problem With Habits
- Sep 15 Reading Is a Conversation
- Oct 29 Zeno of Citium: Being Stoic
- Oct 20 The Two Types of Knowledge
- Aug 17 Dealing With the Mysterious
- Jul 8 In Praise of Idleness
- May 27 Risk as a Form of Purpose
- Feb 25 Pale Blue Dot
- Feb 13 The Rules of Effectiveness
- Feb 4 Science Is Wrong
- Dec 10 The Therapy of Journaling
- Nov 16 Getting Anything You Want
- Nov 9 Reality Is an Illusion
- Oct 29 The Idea of Work Is Wrong
- Oct 24 Epictetus: Avoiding Misery
- Oct 9 The Journey of a Hero
- Oct 3 You Are What You Read
- Sep 18 The Art of Creating Purpose
- Jul 17 Teddy Roosevelt’s Arena
- Jun 26 Stand Out in a Noisy World
- May 22 Live an Interesting Life
- May 15 Permission to Be a Leader
- May 1 Don’t Call It Networking
- Apr 2 Enjoy Every Sandwich
- Mar 12 The Art of Goal Achievement
- Feb 24 Don’t Sell Sugar Water
- Feb 24 Design a Lucky Life
Join 60,000+ readers for exclusive access to my newsletter:
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.